PERMATANK® double-wall jacketed underground storage tank features an inner steel tank coupled with an exterior corrosion-resistant fiberglass tank. A unique standoff material separating the inner and outer tanks creates a uniform interstitial space ensuring rapid and accurate leak detection.
- Meets UL 58, UL 1746 and ULC-S603.1
- Tanks manufactured and listed in accordance with Underwriters Laboratories UL 58, Steel Underground Storage Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids and UL 1746, External Corrosion Protection Systems for Steel Underground Storage Tanks.
- All tanks proven tight throughout installation by interstitial vacuum test – 13 inches Hg minimum
- Provides many options to meet EPA leak detection requirements for interstitial monitoring, including the Permatank Precision Vacuum Monitor
- Steel provides compatibility with all blends of ethanol and biodiesel fuels
- Impermeable to all petroleum products and vapors
- Meets EPA Leak Detection Requirements for Underground Storage Tanks
- Steel inner tank provides structural strength, while its exterior wall of fiberglass reinforced plastic prevents corrosion
- Designed shorter than an all-FRP tank of the same capacity, reducing the cost of installation and increasing site layout flexibility
- Capacities range up to 30,000 gallons
- Steel construction allows for recycling
- Various back-fill options allow for money-saving installation
- Low cost compartments and customization
- Built to nationally recognized STI standards with strict third-party quality control inspection program
Gallery – Permatank images – click image for a larger view.